Three days before the Herbert Love rally, Lindsay and Marky Bark drive to the hotel where the rally will take place. They plan to place a glitter bomb to sabotage his political campaign. Buster, on the other hand, has been welcomed into the Love family and has begun touring with them. George Sr. is also interested in Herbert Love as he hopes that if the border wall is supported by a politician, they can sell the land on the border to the government. Lucille is supporting the wall and this is also a reason why Lindsay has agreed to protest against Herbert Love. A check for Maeby's Gangie 4: Facelift film is also in Lindsay's possession although she thinks it was a check for a face lift from Lucille to Maeby.
Back at Balboa Towers, Maeby finds out that she's getting a Lifetime Achievement award at the Opie Awards which is on the same night as the Herbert Love rally, in the same hotel. George Michael offers to accompany Maeby to the awards, which she accepts. Maeby has also realised she must graduate and is planning to seduce Perfecto, an undercover cop, to incriminate him as he knows that she is too old to be a high school senior. Mark Cherry is also getting honored at the Opie Awards. The night before, G.O.B. takes Mark's entourage out but they get attacked by bees. G.O.B. takes a Forget-Me-Now and doesn't know this or that they have been rushed to hospital overnight.
George Sr. arrives at the hotel, followed by Maeby and George Michael in the stair car. George Michael tries to convince Maeby that he has grown up although he keeps referencing kid's TV shows. Maeby meets her old boss Mort Myers who apologies for her Lifetime Achievement award as it is only awarded to people whose career is dead. Mort is also there to promote his Internet company Schnoodle. George Sr. meets Herbert Love who says he will support the wall if he gets money and a redhead. Meanwhile, George Michael books a room for himself and Maeby, and Maeby talks to Rebel Alley and Mort Meyers about Fakeblock, which she has decided to promote. Rebel wants to know more about Fakeblock from George Michael but he doesn't want anyone to know about it. Maeby tells him to pick a new name so it doesn't look like they are related when she promotes him. He chooses the name George Maharis.
Perfecto arrives at hotel and Maeby tells George Michael about her plan to seduce him. Rebel still wants to know more about Fakeblock but George Michael excuses himself. At the same time, Perfecto admits that he is an undercover cop to Maeby. At the buffet table, George Sr. meets Lindsay, who is disguised in a red wig, and convinces her to hand over Maeby's check, which he passes on to Herbert Love. Maeby then meets Lindsay at the table and Maeby respects her act of political sabotage. However, Lindsay thinks Maeby is lying about her Lifetime Achievement award and leaves.
Maeby accepts her award while swearing throughout her speech and then promoting Fakeblock to the audience. G.O.B. is backstage, waiting for Mark Cherry, when he sees that Tony Wonder is performing magic for Schnoodle. In order to sabotage Tony, G.O.B. locks a podium which he thinks Tony will jump out of. Then, G.O.B. calls Mark Cherry and finds out that he is in hospital for alcohol poisioning.
It turns out that G.O.B. actually locked the podium Marky Bark was hiding in and the glitter bomb explodes with him still inside. Buster, who is on stage at the rally with the podium, curls up on the floor. Lindsay was supposed to free Marky Bark but she got distracted talking to a man who she didn't recognise as Herbert Love. Marky is escorted out of the building but Lindsay pretends to not know who he is. Maeby realises Lindsay has been flirting with Herbert Love and is unimpressed.
On the next Arrested Development: Fateful Consequences... G.O.B. thinks that he has no one left who cares for him before rejecting a phone call from his son, Steve Holt.
Main Cast (in order of appearance)
- Portia de Rossi as Lindsay Bluth Fünke
- Tony Hale as Buster Bluth
- Jeffrey Tambor as George Bluth
- Jessica Walter as Lucille Bluth
- Alia Shawkat as Maeby Fünke
- Michael Cera as George Michael Bluth
- Jason Bateman as Michael Bluth
- Will Arnett as G.O.B.
- Henry Winkler as Barry Zuckerkorn
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Marky Bark
- Terry Crews as Herbert Love
- John Beard as Himself
- Andy Richter as Rocky Richter
- Ben Schwartz as John Beard Jr.
- Isla Fisher as Rebel Alley
- Jeff Garlin as Mort Meyers
- Ben Stiller as Tony Wonder
- Maria Bamford as DeBrie Bardeaux
- Garcelle Beauvais as Ophelia
- Liza Minnelli as Lucille Austero
- Richard Jin Namkung as Paul 'P-Hound' Huan
- Eli Vargas as Perfecto Telles
- Lauren Katz as Scarlet Letterman
- Bob Glouberman as David the Aide
- Daneil Amerman as Mark Cherry
- Asif Ali as Trout
- George Watsky as Chris Kazmierczak
- Wyatt Russell as Oakwood
- C*** Punt - Maeby's profanity-laden tirade at the Opies appears to draw from an angry sorority girl's email that was leaked and went viral in April 2013.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Curb Your Enthusiasm theme song plays during the flashback of Mort sneaking into Sid's office. In Curb Your Enthusiasm, Jeff Garlin plays the role of Larry David's manager.
- George Maharis - George Michael's name is a reference to George Maharis, the star of the 1960s series Route 66, who was once arrested for having homosexual sex with a hairdresser named Perfecto Telles in a gas station bathroom.
- Marion Ross - Ron Howard worked with Marion Ross in Happy Days, where she played his mother.
- Modern Family - Perfecto sees the kids from Modern Family while talking to Maeby at The Opie Awards.
- Opie Taylor - The narrator notes that the only bigger honor than receiving an Opie would be having an award like that named after you, "I guess." Ron Howard played Opie Taylor in The Andy Griffith Show.
- Seinfeld - When George Michael is checking into the hotel, he says he wants one bed, not two, justifying his choise with the phrase "Why give her the option?" This is a reference to the pilot episode of Seinfeld in which Kramer advises Jerry not to bring a second bed into his apartment for a woman who's staying with him, asking Jerry, "Why even give her an option?"
- Shoe Thrown at George W. Bush - When Buster is on stage with Herbert Love, an audience member throws a shoe at him, which Buster blocks with his big hand. This is a reference to a shoe throwing incident during a press conference George W. Bush gave at the Prime Minister's Palace in Baghdad, Iraq in 2008.
- The Blind Side - Herbert Love calls Buster "Blind Side Monster" after blocking a shoe thrown at him.
- The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency - In the bathroom after the night out with the bees, G.O.B. is wearing an inside-out T-shirt that reads "the no. 2 ladies' detective agency".
- "The Sound of Silence" - G.O.B. hears Simon and Garfunkel's song "The Sound of Silence" (namely the lyrics "Hello darkness, my old friend") when contemplating how lonely he is.
- Bad fake name - Lindsay gives the name "Cindy Featherbottom", following in Michael's footsteps of giving Chareth Cutestory to Maggie in "Altar Egos".
- Bad parents - George thinks his granddaughter's name is "Maezy".
- "Certainly have a type" - Maeby jokes that Lindsay's type is blue men. Michael jokes that Buster has "a type" in "Forget-Me-Now" as did G.O.B. about Michael in "Shock and Aww".
- C.W. Swappigan's - Love mentions the low-budget restaurant when joking with George.
- Don't Know How to Tip - Mort gives the African American parking attendant a whole wad of cash upon his "graceful exit."
- Gangee - Lindsay gives George the check from Gangee 4: Facelift.
- "I'm here, I'm queer..." - Tony Wonder's magazine article has the title "I'm here, I'm queer, now I'm over here". When performing at the Schnoodle keynote, Tony says "I'm here, I'm queer, and now I'm in a speaker". In "Pilot", the gay protestors chanted "We're here, we're queer, we want to get married on the ocean."
- "I don't care" - Marky's response when Lindsay compliments his looks is the same as when she calls herself pretty in "A Trial Run".
- Incest - When George Michael shows up at the Opies with Maeby, he checks out a redhead without realizing it's really his Aunt Lindsay in a red wig, and says, "Gentlemen, start your engines." Michael says the same thing in "Mixed Messages" when he also fails to recognize her.
- Lindsay's nose - George comments on Lindsay's nose surgery, mentioned in "The One Where Michael Leaves" and "Exit Strategy".
- Lindsay's voice: The hoarse voice Lindsay uses to call when calling a taxi is the same voice she has in "Sad Sack".
- Mrs. Featherbottom - Lindsay gives the fake name "Cindy Featherbottom" to Love.
- Parmesan cheese and mustard - G.O.B. finds Parmesan cheese and mustard in his bed. He ate it in "Three Half Men" and eats it with Tobias in "Locked and Loaded".
- Police boats - G.O.B. mentions the police boats from "Pilot" or "Development Arrested" while drunk with the posse.
- PSAs - Rebel appears in two PSAs, first seen in "Modern Marvels":
- "Don't pocket it, pay for it."
- "Binge drinking. Not cool."
- Shrimp - G.O.B. mentions that Mark Cherry loves shrimp. George eats coconut shrimp at Love's fundraiser. His love for shrimp is first seen in "Fakin' It".
- "The Sound of Silence" - Simon & Garfunkel's 1965 song plays when G.O.B. introspects on his life choices, featuring the lyrics "Hello darkness, my old friend." This happens in "Three Half Men", "A Couple-A New Starts", "Cinco de Cuatro II", and "Cinco de Cuatro III".
- Ringtone - G.O.B.'s ringtone is "Getaway".
- Maeby can be seen running away from security with her Opie award just before G.O.B. locks the podium. She also runs away in the background of a shot in "Fakin' It".
- In the scene where it shows the "Latest Herbert Love Spot Seems Like Bad 'Campaign Ad" Parody", a thumbnail on the right shows Herbert next to a giant hand, saying "Herbert Love Gets a Big Hand From Vet", showing Buster's giant hand and how he works with Herbert.
- In the background of Love's fundraiser party, Buster can be seen dancing on the stage.
- Love's wife Ophelia Love can be seen in the hotel lobby.
- Bagpipes - Michael sees Rebel Alley playing the bagpipes in her Scottish band in "What Goes Around".
In Comparison to the Original Cut
This episode is made up from 7 episodes of the original cut of Season 4. Because the re-cut is chronological and combines the characters' stories into one narrative, new narration was recorded and there is even some additonal dialogue. These changes, as well as which scenes appear in which original episode, are listed below:
- Lindsay and Marky Bark drive to the rally, new dialogue in italics (new scene)
- Narrator: Three days before many of the Bluths would come back together, Lindsay was on her way to the first phase of an act of political sabotage…
- Lindsay: You know, my dad’s tux looks really good on you.
- Narrator: ...with her face-blind boyfriend.
- Marky Bark: I don't care.
- Flashbacks/Recap (4x8 Red Hairing)
- Herbert Love's video (4x6 Double Crossers)
- Buster and Herbert Love (4x14 Off the Hook)
- Buster giving the finger is blurred out in the remix.
- More recapping:
- Barry & George Sr. (4x2 Borderline Personalities)
- Lucille & George Sr. (4x6 Double Crossers)
- George Sr. & lemonade (4x2 Borderline Personalities)
- Marky's plan, Lindsay's check (4x8 Red Hairing)
- Lindsay & Lucille (4x8 Red Hairing)
- The Gangie 4 Face Lift poster is new, although G.O.B. can been seen a banner version of it earlier in the season.
- Lindsay & Marky Bark at the penthouse (4x8 Red Hairing)
- Outside the hotel (4x8 Red Hairing)
- Maeby flashback (4x12 Senoritis)
- Outside the hotel, continued (4x8 Red Hairing)
- Marky Bark: What a great day to step out onto an over-irrigated gold course and play a game that wastes vast acres of usable, farmable land. [previously he said "usable and farmable land"]
- Behind Marky, there are TV adverts for Tony Wonder & Schnoodle Event, Herbert Love Rally, and The Opie Awards in the original cut. In the remix, only the Herbert Love Rally and The Opie Awards can be seen.
- Maeby finds out she's getting an Opie award (4x12 Senoritis)
- Narrator: But it was an important morale-booster, as she was jealous of her cousin George Michael’s accomplishments as a college senior.
- Maeby and George Michael in his dorm, recap (4x12 Señoritis/4x13 It Gets Better)
- George Michael offers Maeby a lift to the Opie Awards (4x13 It Gets Better)
- Flashback with Perfecto & Barry & “Donnie” Richter (4x12 Senoritis)
- G.O.B. and the entourage (4x7 Colony Collapse)
- Narrator: Maeby and Perfecto weren’t the only ones acting younger than they really were. And in an effort to impress the young entourage that was growing weary of his act, G.O.B. stopped in front of a club to pick up some women.
- There is new footage where G.O.B. does a magic trick pulling eggs from his mouth. Also, all the entourage are wearing T-shirts for The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency.
- There is also new footage where G.O.B. finds some parmesan and mustard bottles in his bed.
- George Sr. arrives at the rally (4x6 Double Crossers)
- George Michael and Maeby arrive too (4x12 Señoritis/4x13 It Gets Better)
- Maeby and Mort Meyers (4x12 Senoritis)
- Mort Meyers: Maeby!
- George Sr. talks to Herbert Love (4x6 Double Crossers)
- The music playing is now "Bang Bang Bang Bang".
- Narrator: And as Maeby put on a brave face… George Sr. put on a braver one.
- George Michael orders a hotel room (4x13 It Gets Better)
- Maeby, Rebel Alley, and Mort Meyers talk (4x12 Senoritis)
- Narrator: Maeby soon ran into an actress she knew from the time before that actress cleaned up her act.
- Rebel Alley: Maeby.
- There was not a cut to a PSA here in the original, the PSA is from "Double Crossers". The man singing “I mean come on!” is new.
- Rebel Alley: You want me to play the bagpipes at your funeral?
- Maeby, George Michael, Fakeblock, and Rebel Alley (4x12 Senoritis)
- Maeby sees Perfecto (4x12 Señoritis, 4x13 It Gets Better)
- Rebel Alley and George Michael talk (4x13 It Gets Better)
- Narrator: But some women don’t forget being told no. Marion Ross comes to mind. [Photo of Ron Howard and Marion Ross]
- Maeby and Perfecto talk (4x12 Senoritis)
- Lindsay and George Sr. at the buffet table (4x6 Double Crossers, 4x8 Red Hairing)
- Narrator: But George Sr. was far from rico himself despite promising Herbert Love he had money.
- Narrator: She was 22 at the time.
- George Sr. gives Herbert Love the check (4x6 Double Crossers)
- Lindsay and Maeby at the buffet table (4x8 Red Hairing, 4x12 Senoritis)
- Maeby accepts her award (4x12 Senoritis)
- G.O.B. backstage at the Opie Awards (4x7 Colony Collapse)
- G.O.B.: Tony Wonder. That lousy, failed magician.
- The narrator’s line “But G.O.B. had slept through seven ambulances…” has become “But, while G.O.B. dimly remembered the fun night, he’d completely forgotten the seven ambulances…”
- The man singing “I mean come on!” is new to the PSA.
- G.O.B.: Wait, if- if Tony Wonder wasn’t in the… podium, then who’s…
- The shot of G.O.B. looking into the other room to see Buster dancing at Herbert Love's event is new
- Herbert Love and Lindsay talk, outside the Opie Awards (4x8 Red Hairing)
- On the next... Steve Holt phones G.O.B. (4x7 Colony Collapse)
- Tobias Fünke doesn't appear in this episode.
- The title of this episode refers to the night when the Opie Awards, the Herbert Love rally, and the Schnoodle launch are being held in the same hotel. Also, G.O.B. repeatedly says "fun night" during this episode.
- Narrator: Three days before many of the Bluths would come back together.
- Narrator: It was a busy night at the hotel.
- Narrator: But, while G.O.B. dimly remembered the fun night…
- During the Season 4 remix, the narrator often draws parallels between the Bluths' lives being similar despite being separated.
- Maeby, George Michael, Lindsay, G.O.B., Buster, and George Sr. all arrive at the same hotel despite most of them not knowing the others were going to be there.
- Narrator: Maeby and Perfecto weren’t the only ones acting younger than they really were. [G.O.B. is too with the entourage]
- Narrator: And as Maeby put on a brave face… George Sr. put on a braver one.