Michael Bluth is well versed in Maritime law.
- Operating under the alias Chareth Cutestory, Michael tells Maggie Lizer that he's a maritime lawyer, remembering his part in The Trial of Captain Hook. ("Altar Egos")
- John Beard mentions that many of Lucille's charges will fall under "the dominion of the little understood maritime law," and Michael mentions that he studied maritime law in law school. ("Flight of the Phoenix")
- Lucille's trial is held inside a crab restaurant that must switch back to the restaurant for dinner time. ("Flight of the Phoenix")
- Lucille's trial is proceeded over by Judge Kornzucker. ("Indian Takers")
- The coast guard says there is no maritime law against having fun. ("Unexpected Company")
- Michael is trying to find his maritime law diploma in the attic. ("Courting Disasters")
Michael: Eight bells refers to a watch length. It's maritime law. You know, one bell is struck after thirty minutes, two bells after 60 minutes... ...that's why, at sea, a watch with no incidents is described as "eight bells and all is well."
Barry: Wow, maybe you should be the maritime lawyer.
From "Flight of the Phoenix"