The first season of Arrested Development aired on FOX from November 2, 2003 to June 6, 2004.
We meet the Bluth family who has problems with the law, with each other, and with society. Michael Bluth must make sure the family stays out of more trouble, while keeping them all happy. He must lead a family of his own, and he tries to find a wife. George Sr. is imprisoned for stealing from the Bluth Company, and his wife Lucille must live without, which turns out to be easy. Lindsay and Tobias begin to notice marital problems when they move back to California. George Michael and his cousin Maeby are reunited, but they go through teenage emotions. Buster is awkward, like always, and ultimately relies upon Lucille 2 for companionship.
- Jason Bateman as Michael Bluth
- Portia de Rossi as Lindsay Bluth Fünke
- Will Arnett as G.O.B.
- Michael Cera as George Michael Bluth
- Alia Shawkat as Maeby Fünke
- Tony Hale as Buster Bluth
- David Cross as Tobias Fünke
- Jeffrey Tambor as George Bluth
- Jessica Walter as Lucille Bluth
- Ron Howard as Narrator (Uncredited)
- BW Gonzalez as Lupe (8 episodes)
- Liza Minnelli as Lucille Austero (7)
- Justin Lee as Annyong Bluth (7)
- Leonor Varela/Patricia Velasquez as Marta Estrella (2/5)
- John Beard as Himself (6 episodes)
- Henry Winkler as Barry Zuckerkorn (6)
- Stacey Grenrock Woods as Trisha Thoon (4)
- Casey Sandino as Cortesio Estrella (4)
- Oliver Patrick Sandino as Amable Estrella (4)
- Judy Greer as Kitty Sanchez (4)
- Amy Poehler as G.O.B.'s wife (4)
- David Reynolds as White Power Bill (3)
- Michael Paul Chan as Judge Lionel Ping (3)
- James Lipton as Stefan Gentles (3)
2004 Emmy Awards:
- "Outstanding Comedy Series"
- "Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series"
- "Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series"
- "Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series,"
- "Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Comedy Series"
- The 2004 TV Land Award for "Future Classic"
- The Television Critics Association 2004 Awards for "Outstanding Comedy" and "Outstanding New Program"
- The 2004 Writers Guild of America Award for best teleplay in an episodic comedy for the episode "Pier Pressure," written by Mitchell Hurwitz and Jim Vallely.
- In 2004, the Golden Satellite Award for "Best Television Series, Comedy or Musical," along with best performance by an actor/actress in a supporting role, comedy or musical awards for Jeffrey Tambor and Jessica Walter.
The DVD was released October 19, 2004. It included all 22 episodes, plus the extended pilot. Special features included:
- "Breaking Ground: Behind the Scenes of Arrested Development" featurette
- Ron Howard's inside look at Arrested Development
- The Museum of Television & Radio cast panel discussion
- Original songs by David Schwartz
- "Arrested Development: The Making of a Future Classic" TV Land featurette
- "TV Land Awards: The Future Classic Award" featurette
- Promo spot
Character Promotional Photos
- → See 43 pictures from Season 1 Character Posters at Images from Season 1 Character Posters.
- → Watch more videos of Season One Promotional Videos at Category:Season One Promotional Videos
Behind the Scenes Videos
- → See and enjoy more Behind the Scenes videos at Behind the Scenes.